If you’re suffering from a mental health illness or experiencing a personal or work crisis then look no further.
The counselling services provide by Potential Unlimited can help you relieve distress, restore functioning and regain a zest for life.
In difficult circumstances, family members and friends may not be able to provide an objective point of view. Counselling offers an objective perspective to gain insight and apply effective evidence based strategies for better health outcomes.
Benefits for you
- Counselling for mental health issues or other concerns takes place in a private and strictly confidential environment.
- Private health fund or rebates under the Medicare Benefits Scheme may apply.
- Internet or phone counselling provides a higher level of anonymity than traditional face-to-face counselling.
- Your consent for any online counselling services will be sought by your psychologist Barbara Miller prior to the service commencing.
Presenting issues might include one or more of the following:
- Anxiety and depression
- Stress and trauma
- Post natal depression
- Health related problems
- Rehabilitation and return to work
- Relaxation and mindfulness
- Stress management
- Grief and loss
- Life transition and adjustment issues
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Blended family issues
- Divorce and separation
- Marriage counselling
- Academic performance
- Performance anxiety
- Procrastination and avoidance
- Employee assistance program
- Work stress and bullying
- Psychological first-aid
Psychological therapies are deigned to help individuals overcome adversity and build resilience for post traumatic growth. Individual treatment programs are designed to focus on your needs and include a wide variety of evidence based therapies for better health outcomes.
Key therapies might include a combination of the following:
Evidence based approaches
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MCBT)
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MSRT)
- Solutions-focused brief therapy
- Humanistic and person centred therapy.
- Jungian psychology or psychodynamic
- Art therapy and mindfulness
- Clinical hypnotherapy and visualisation
- Positive psychology and strengths to flourish.
For further advice or to make an appointment contact us